Meet the Buyer - Shimizu Corporation
14 Apr 2021 - 15 Apr 2021
Shimizu Corporation is an architectural, civil engineering and general contracting Japanese firm with more than 210 years of history
They are looking for solutions in plastic waste management, battery storage for renewable energy, hydrogen generation from water, carbon offset, emission trading and reduction of Co2, and insect-tech
Meet the Buyer events offer interesting opportunities for your company to get in touch with the leading enterprises in a variety of business sectors. The event is invite-only and will give you the chance to have an individual one-to-one meeting with key decision makers. Join the event, establish valuable collaborations, pitch your products and services, and discuss business partnerships that can fast-forward your company's growth.
Deadline for applications: 07/04/2021
Online meetings between successful applicants and the SHIMIZU team: 14th and 15th of April 2021
Discover the full buyer profile HERE.
What are they looking for?
Based on Paris Climate Agreement, Shimizu has clear objectives to reduce global warming gases for future generations. In Shimizu's main business of construction, great effort has been invested in energy saving building technologies, and we have achieved zero-emission for a client's office building as well as more than 60% CO2 emission reduction in our head office (awarded the Top-Level Office Building in Tokyo). Shimizu is also seeking new business projects that are sustainable and contribute to the mitigation of and adaptation to climate change.
For this event, Shimizu is looking for innovative companies to identify new partnerships, ideas, technologies, or methodologies that can help Shimizu to achieve sustainable business promotion and establishment.
Shimizu is looking for solutions in the following areas:
1. Projects contributing to the resolution of waste plastic problems
We want to take on the challenge of creating businesses that can resolve various issues around waste plastic problems. We think that the following technologies can be combined with our company's resources to develop new projects;
- Technology for biodegradable bioplastic: garbage bags, food containers and packaging.
- Technology for developing materials that can be composted and fermented with methane gas in industrial composts other than garbage bags and food containers and packaging.
- Technology for developing biodegradable agricultural and materials used in civil engineering area made from bioplastics
- Technology to regenerate waste in a short period of time through technologies like 3D printing, etc.
- Technology that gathers microplastics with vessels: we image some equipment that can be installed on vessels/boats easily.
2. Technology to make Hydrogen from water
- Cost-efficient ways to create Hydrogen from water
- More efficient hydrogen electrolyser
3. Cutting edge and cost-efficient battery storage technologies for renewable energy production
4. Carbon emissions: trading/offsetting/ carbon capture and utilization
- Alternative usage of the earned credits other than the conventional offsetting
- Innovative platform/marketplace system to sell/buy the credits
- Carbon capture conversion/utilization
5. Insect-Tech applicable domain
- General BSF(Black Soldier Fly) Bio Technologies
- BSF extracted Protein usage, Processing of mixed feed (Livestock, Aquaculture)
- BSF extracted oil and Chitosan usage; Bio-Fuel, Medical supplementary, Cosmetic
Date and time
14 Apr 2021 until 15 Apr 2021